Washington County Judicial Center
BCI provided architectural and engineering services for this new 34,493 s.f. Justice Center. The facility includes District, Circuit and Family Court functions, as well as the Office of the Circuit Clerk. The Justice Center is located across the street from the former Courthouse built in 1815. The detailing of the building reflects the historic buildings in downtown Springfield. BCI conducted a thorough review of the architectural influence in the community, and also met with the local Historic Society as part of this research.
BCI also designed a plaza in front of the Judicial Center for a commemorative statue of President Abraham Lincoln. A national search was conducted for the artist to sculpt this important community art piece.